Wednesday 28 May 2014

BET's 106 & Park: Keshai Chante Auditions For Aaliyah's VH1 Biopic



Reports over the past few weeks has surfaced that an Aaliyah Biopic will be aired on VH1.

It now looks as though BET's 106 & Park, Keshia Chante, is in the running for the part of the songbird. She has been auditioning for the part for as long as there has been talks of the biopic, but production came to halt in 2008 after the family was pleased about the biopic.

Keshia revealed:
What I will say is…I did meet a few people production company wise that are developing the Aaliyah movie and they spoke to me about playing her in the biopic of her life. And from my understanding there are people trying to create a movie and Aaliyah’s family are still mourning her loss and aren’t ready to share her story and create a film. So there’s a bit of back and forth thing with her family and with creative people.
…unfortunately from my understanding they don’t have complete control of her estate. So a movie could technically be made without them green lighting it and I kind of think that’s unfortunate. So I want her family to be on board and to be happy with it. It’s still kind of lingering in the air. I would love to play the part. I’m a huge fan of Aaliyah…I would want to do it justice and exceed people’s expectations of it.

With the auditions moving forward she is going to be auditioning again.Watch the cover for "One In A Million" by Keshia Chante.


No comments:

Post a Comment