Saturday 24 May 2014

Toni Braxton Charges Her Children Rent and Utilities


Celebrities are now taking parenting to a new level, and for all good reasons. Toni Braxton appeared on "The Queen Latifah" show and reveals that she makes her children pay rent.

Braxton's boy's who are 11 years old and 12 years old are being taught from an early age that bills need to be paid and that the real world is hard. Diezel and Denim is learning the value of a dollar.

Considering the whirlwind of financial difficulties Toni has been through, its a no surprise that she wants her boys to learn money management to avoid them from learning the hard way.

They get ten and twelve dollars a week, and one pays me two dollars, the other pays me three dollars. Seventy-five cents for gas and electric and fifty cents for cable and things like that.
"Just so they can understand the value of a dollar and they can understand that when you get older and have to leave, you have to pay bills. It was a shock to me when I found out I had to pay bills, like, ‘What do you mean rent?!’ So I thought I should instill that into my little boys."
Back in 2012 Taraji Phenson, made her 18 year old son sit out of the first semester of college, so that he could get a job to understand what the real world is like.

"I don’t want to raise this privileged  kid, who’s out of touch, so I made him sit out the first semester and he has to get a job. He called his grandmother, he was like, ‘It’s hard out here, it’s hard to find a job. So I was like, ‘Yeah, I need you to know that.
I need him to see how real it is out here. It builds character. I told him, ‘College is like an investment. I’m investing my money in your future, and if I feel like you’re a bad investment, I’m taking my money back."

No comments:

Post a Comment